Monday, May 2, 2011

Just Around the River Bend

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.” –Proverbs 3:5-6

So many times I find in my life that I read verses that I have known since I was a child. And, that is all I am doing… reading. I am not listening to what God really has to say to me through His word. Well, these verses are no different. I read them or hear them and my reaction is I could tell them to you in my sleep. No really, I am known for reciting things stored in my mind during my sleep. Yes, I am a NERD.

Trusting in God is something that doesn’t come natural. It is hard to trust in something that we cannot see or touch. We like to believe in the visible and provable. Sometimes, what God’s will is for our life isn’t the easiest road. Actually, I will go to say it is rarely the easy road. As humans, we want to take the easy path. (Well, unless you are Pocahontas and are content with your dreams all residing just around the river bend.)

I feel as if I am being tested and tried. It would be so much easier for me to just do everything my way, the way that makes the most logical sense to me. However, I yearn to have God direct and guide me in every area of my life. I want to take the path that He has set out for me. I know that my path will not be a nice sidewalk in a quaint town; it will be more like a game of Frogger. (Hopefully my ultimate outcome will be better than my skills at Frogger though.) But, I find amazing peace in knowing that my Creator and Lord will be with me through my entire journey.

So, Pocahontas, let’s flee in our canoe from the steady beating drums and find out what is in store just beyond the waterfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment